August 21, 2016

new post

Recently we went to the Pearl-Fincher Museum of Fine Arts in Spring Texas. a very nice little place. It operates on sponsors and donations. It was originally the Barbara Bush Library, but they built on and moved the library into a bigger area and the empty space became the Art Museum.

Current exhibit  - The National Parks, images by Mark Burns, Vital, Margaret Smithers-Crump, and Transcendental Inspirations by Islamic Arts Society of Houston, closes September 3rd. The Museum will be closed for a couple weeks during the take out and take in of new art that will open September 23, 2016.



This is one of my favorites pieces by Margaret. Each little piece is attached individually to the wall, so it will never be exactly like it is pictured again. Margaret works with Plexiglas and acrylic paints. They have great dept and you really want to touch them. . . no I didn't because that would be rude. . . but I wanted too lol. And did I mention how Cool these pieces are . . . they really are!

I will be going back & if y'all are in the area I suggest that you drop by if possible


Happy Art'in Y'all

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails